Still not dead.

Sooo... I really don't have anything to write about. But I thought I should show up here.

Duchess is ready ready ready for school. She's seen some of her classmates at various social events in the last week or so, and she was thrilled. And I think she's getting a little tired of me and Skipper. (I am a little tired of myself and Skipper, too, so I'm sympathetic.) Oh, and she likes soccer.

Skipper is getting very worried about her new preschool. At random moments during the day, she wants to talk about how sad she is to say goodbye to her friends, and how nervous she is about going to her new school. She's climbing over a mountain of anxiety to get through this newest transition. She is also very happy right now, though, because she's going to get her bribe/incentive tomorrow rewarding her for 20 nights of having put herself to sleep and slept through the night in her own bed, without hollering for anybody.* A low bar, yes, but it's absolutely worth the purchase of a bribe (a baby doll, of course, to add to Skipper's large  team of pretend nurturees, currently starring a blue elephant named Elfy and a naked thrift store baby named Donner) to speed up our return to the world of Sleeping Through The Night Every Single Goddamn Night.** And I'm really loving that world.

But we're going on vacation! Hurrah!


* Except to attend her in the bathroom. I'm the privy counsellor, which is fine, as long as I get to go back to sleep
** We should have had a French baby. They sleep through the night, you see, due to all the superior French parenting they get. Stupid American-issue babies.

Comments

Popular Posts