Conversations

 Homework is due on Fridays. It usually includes a few reading comprehension questions of the kind Duchess loathes, involving vague questions like "What is the big idea in this story?"

Five days ago.
Duchess: Mooooooom. I don't get these questions.
Me: I'm washing dishes. I can't help you right now.
Duchess: Okay. (wanders off and picks up a book)

Two days ago. 
Me: Duchess, where are you at with your homework?
Duchess: I'm done! I even finished my reading summary!
Me: Great!

Yesterday.
Cook: Duchess, are you done with your homework?
Duchess: Yup.
Cook: Good.

This morning. Duchess is sitting in her room working on her homework.
Me: Duchess, are you still working on your homework?
Duchess: I CAN'T DO THIS IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
Me: I thought you said you were done.
Duchess: I TOLD YOU I CAN'T ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND I ASKED YOU TO HELP ME AND YOU DIDN'T THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Me: You're blaming your failure to finish your homework on... me?
Duchess: IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Then there was yelling. I refused to help with her homework questions given that she was being a total asshole. I told her she was being an asshole. I was pissed off. Duchess threw a pencil at me. I kind of hated her. She definitely hated me. (She said so.)

I'm assuming that at some point she will be able to at least not blame other people OUT LOUD for her failures. Right? I also assume that at some point, I will be able to not be furious at her for blaming other people for her failures. Right?

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
I think she will grow out of this, but if she doesn't, she can use these skills to run for Congress, become a professional athlete, and/or work in the auto industry. Ba-dum-bum!

Popular Posts