Our life right now, in numbers

9,998 - hours to go before I become a guitar virtuoso.* I've been increasingly bothered by the gap between the amount of time I spend on supporting my kids to do cool activities and the amount of time I spend on doing cool activities myself, so I bought a super-cheap guitar** and an online guitar course. I can now play super-simple versions of Amazing Grace, Happy Birthday, and When the Saints Go Marching In, very slowly and badly. Also, my wrists hurt. And my brain hurts.

4 - my remaining weeks of work

6 - the remaining weeks of school

89 - degrees in Fahrenheit at the hottest part of the day last Thursday.

41 - Skipper's height, in inches.

36 - Skipper's weight, in pounds.

25 - Skipper's height and weight, as a percentile of girls her age in the United States.

1 - the number of times Skipper said "Fuck!" at her appointment with her new pediatrician.


*Also, apparently I need to concentrate and get good coaching, too. But that's harder to put into numbers.
** So new that it is still offgassing solvents, and smells like the tears of abused, underpaid Chinese factory workers.

Comments

kp said…
Number of Indigo Girls songs learned on guitar?

Popular Posts