Tomorrow is another snow day.

Today the girls and I walked a few miles to run errands. The sidewalks, most of which are not shoveled (probably because of relationship-ending shovel-related arguments) and roads, none of which are plowed (I think because we don't have many plows in Portland, though I'm not ruling out the effect of paralyzing methodological arguments between plow operators), are covered in several inches of very hard packed-down-snow-now-converted-to-ice-after-six-days-of-compression. We all slipped several times, and Skipper fell down once.

The morning is expected to bring a lot freezing rain, and school is cancelled. Work is cancelled. This brings us to a total of three weather-related-cancellation days off work this winter, and NINE days off school. NINE.

In the good news, Skipper had a friend over today, and they played in the snow like normal healthy children,* making the most of it before it gets all freezy and melty. In the bad news, I have to go put everything absorbent in the basement up on a shelf, in anticipation of the basement getting all melty and floody.



*My strange cave children do not play in the snow unless inspired by friends. I should probably try recruiting Skipper some physically-active friends now because I suspect her adolescence will otherwise be spent in our basement in the dark.

Comments

Popular Posts