We marched.

Sort of. Actually, we stood in the rain for an hour because there were so many people there that we couldn't move,* and when we were finally able to move and get out of the march, we went off and found a coffee shop and had cocoa with whipped cream (and went to the bathroom) and then came back to march for a few blocks** before tackling the interminable transit ride home. So it was a bit anticlimactic, and we didn't exactly march the way I expected to, but it was really cool to see SO many people, including a lot of children, out there in the pouring rain. We were, apparently, among 50,000 to 100,000 people there.

*Skipper looked up at me, dripping wet, teeth chattering, and said calmly "Mom, am I going to die here?" - I'm pretty sure she meant that she thought we were going to stand there for decades, but I was starting to wonder if we might get crushed to death myself.

**"Mom, what's a pussy?" asked Skipper.

Comments

Popular Posts