Spring!

It's 70 degrees! It's sunny! Flowers are blooming! Ants have invaded our home! We are so grateful! We've had a long stretch of rainy, cold, grey days, and it's pretty blissful to have a sunny day.

I'm taking the day off, and not thinking about my Big School Project at all. Dutch went off on a five-hour playdate with Best Friend, and Cook worked (he's doing some consulting, so he spends all his off-work time working, the poor man) much of the day before biking off to play frisbee. I took a semi-nap* and then did some minor chores of the sort that I habitually overlook, like washing the leaves of all the houseplants. The leaves were so dusty that the plants were starting look more like fuzzy fauna than the flora that they are. That was sort of satisfying, but reminded me of all the other annoying little housekeeping tasks (like cleaning the baseboards and moldings and whatnot) that need to be done even after you've done the big stuff.

And... that's pretty much all the news. Sorry it's so boring. I've got to go sit outside on the steps and get my vitamin D for the month.


*I'm a terrible napper, almost unable to nap during the day, and generally disoriented and cranky after any nap I do get, but I did lie in bed and doze and listen to the birds and the traffic for a good 45 minutes. Which was awfully nice.

Comments

AZ said…
I'm jealous - it's about 30 here this morning and they are calling for snow flurries tonight, again. We had snow the last two weekends. I am beginning to think spring does not exist. Here's hoping more sunshine is heading your way - love to you all (including the soon-to-be born-) : ).

Popular Posts