Itchy itchy itchy

My face itches. A lot. My earlobes itch. I have no idea what it is, and am hoping that it's just some random pregnancy-related misery, temporary and un-damaging to unborn babies. 

I have not yet had a baby. I've almost got the Having A Baby At Home Kit together, though. Today I bought a waterproof mattress liner at Ikea. The label features a picture of a glass of water spilling on a bed.  Frankly,* I'm not particularly worried about spilling a glass of water on my bed any time soon, and I'd be more reassured if the label featured the spilling of something more drastic in quantity and stain power, like a keg of wine. (I concede that they can't include an actual picture of a woman giving birth, or any of the associated fluids. Ikea has to make some money to pay the sweatshop laborers in Burma or whatever, after all.)  I also bought a sunshine yellow PVC-free shower curtain to replace the moldy old white one we've currently got up. If I end up laboring in the tub, I will need yellow.

Anyway, we had a lovely Easter. This morning, I was awakened by the sound of Dutch saying softly to herself in her bedroom "Easter! It's Easter!" and Cook and I staggered out into the livingroom to watch her track down all the eggs. We don't do an Easter basket (and the munificent packages we've been receiving over the last week have really rendered it redundant, anyway), but we do a hunt.** "The Easter Bunny is SNEAKY!" Dutch declared at one point, after finding a particularly well-hidden egg.

That's the news from here. To recap: lots of sugar, a visit from a conniving rodent, itching, and no baby yet. I hope your Easters were all lovely, too!

*As my friend The Freak Magnet would say.
**The Easter Bunny, should you be curious, comes to our apartment, gathers  all of Dutch's random plastic eggs,  fills them with candy that it finds in our apartment and possibly some other candy, nickels, and a few non-edible items like stickers and flower seeds that it brings along, and then hides them in the apartment.)

Comments

s* said…
perhaps pregnancy has made you suddenly hyper-pollen-sensitive?

Popular Posts