This morning I stayed at home to do some miscellaneous errands (and data entry!), and I got Cook and Dutch out the door at an unprecedentedly early time. It's so much easier to get two people launched than three! I have no idea how we're going to get four people out the door, if Cook and I ever manage to find real jobs.

This is what Cook looks like in the morning (photo by Dutch).

Yesterday I had one of my now-weekly checkups with the midwives. It took all three of them to figure out what position the baby is in. They groped and puzzled over it for so long that I started to worry that I am actually gestating a bag of kittens. One of them caught the look on my face, and hastened to reassure me that it appears to be a perfectly normal-sized (if perhaps somewhat long - Cook's gene pool may be coming into play again here) baby, in a perfectly good birth position. They all agree that it's got its butt up in the usual position (in my lungs) and its head down and nicely wedged into my pelvis. What puzzled them is that its limbs are all over the place - it sprawls out like it has all the space in the world, and its feet and knees and elbows and hands are more or less everywhere at once.

This behavior puzzles me less when I look at its sister.*
*Photographed this morning, at the beginning of yet another gorgeous spring day - check out the dazzlingly pink and sparkly sneakers, a beloved gift from Broken-Butt Lawyer!

Comments

Eltanin said…
What a cute man you have. And you can tell him I said so.

Popular Posts