Who would YOU want to help with your precipitous labor?

I dreamed the other night that Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, and Joe Biden delivered the baby when I went into labor at a state function.  (This happens when you hang out at the White House a lot.*) It went very smoothly. I told Cook this, and he looked appalled. "Ew," he said, "I don't think I'd want Joe Biden to be at my emergency delivery." I explained that Joe mostly hovered around, while Barack and Michelle did all the work. So I think in the future, I'm going to use this standard to decide whom to vote for.  Who would I want at my side if I had to deliver a baby in a hurry? (Probably anyone would be better than John McCain.) Take note, media strategists!


* I read an article, probably in the NY Times, a while back that said that lots of people like to think of Barack and Michelle as their friends, especially white liberal educated upper-middle-class types like me. Apparently my subconscious agrees!

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Re: Thinking of the Obamas as My Friends - I was talking to my dad about the presidential dog and was trying to explain why I am disappointed in the kind of dog they got. Because my dad quickly indicated that he feels this is a frivolous topic, I was trying to be deep about it, and said that I had hoped they'd get a rescue mutt. But I am actually disappointed because they did not get a kind of dog that I know and love. I wanted them to be like me and like the things I like. It's definitely going to be a heartbreaking presidency...

Popular Posts