I am Zen

It is really hard impersonating a productive person. We're juggling so much right now that people keep mistaking me for the sort of person who is chronically Terribly Busy and thrives on it. I'm not. I'm the sort of person who much prefers to be not at all busy. I'm not very good at being busy, and I feel like nothing ever gets done. This is a temporary state, and we are looking forward to being done with it. Someday.

However, a woman I know through work emailed me recently to suggest that I read a book called "Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung?" to help me be more zen about my crazy life. (She emailed me after a meeting in which I crushed the cheerful pre-meeting chit-chatty atmosphere by informing everybody that my brain refuses to shut down at night and therefore I am chronically sleep-deprived.) I duly ordered it up from the library, and read some helpful anecdotes ("parables") full of pearls of spiritual wisdom.

I leave you with this: Think of the 998 perfect bricks, and not the two crooked bricks in the wall!

Comments

Popular Posts