Everything is fluxy.

Lots of things have happened this month. We moved. We bought a bed. I discovered a new favorite Wilson.* Skipper finally started regularly calling me "mama" and also started regularly waking up at 4:45 AM. I almost got a job. Cook DID get a job. A REAL JOB! Okay, it's only for two years, it's not terribly well-paid, and it's not exactly... well... interesting. But we don't care. (I especially don't care. I have happily consigned Cook to two years of deep tedium without a single pang of sympathy.) We will have HEALTH INSURANCE! Real, honest-to-goodness health insurance, the kind that actually pays for stuff! DENTAL insurance!!!!!

In the next three weeks, Skipper will start at a new daycare. (I'm feeling queasy about this. She hates change, our girl.) Dutch will start kindergarten.* I will start working more hours. We're on the move.


* I know. I KNOW. I can't explain it. I've always wanted to own a copy of Shanghai Noon.

*We, along with all the other families, have to supply classroom supplies such as paints and 24 glue sticks, for the whole class to use, because they have no money for supplies. Also, they're cutting all the language classes. The letter from the principal brags, however, that this year they have a FULL-TIME PE teacher! Yay! But... what the hell is a "PeeChee" folder, and why does Dutch need one?

Comments

s* said…
Congratulations Cook! Good luck everybody with all the change! Health insurance is excellent! Dental insurance is almost unheard of! Yay!
tiffky doofky said…
WILSONS! Seriously, a great gene pool. It's about time Andrew got some love.
az said…
Man, I guess this means you won't be moving to Madison for at least 2years. That really sucks. But hey, I am pretty happy for you anyway, sort of.... : )

Popular Posts