The tools in the shed may be blunter than we thought..

I was sitting at the computer earlier today, vaguely aware of Skipper rattling around the living room behind me. My special, always-alert (but not TOO alert) Parenting level of consciousness had the impression that she was entertaining herself in some not-too-dangerous way, and did not need immediate attention. Suddenly, she slammed fairly hard into the back of my chair, and I heard her thump to the floor behind me. I turned around to find her sitting down, apparently confused, possibly stunned, but not crying, with a pair of Dutch's shorts pulled snugly over her head. I leaned over and pulled the shorts up so I could see her face (and the big red mark on her forehead where she had hit the chair). She looked up at me with an expression of indignation, pulled the shorts back down over her face, got up, and started trundling away blindly. I grabbed her before she could slam into the doorframe, and tried again to pull off the shorts. She pulled them back down. I confiscated them. Dutch reported helpfully that Skipper had been blundering all over the place in her makeshift blindfold for five minutes before she ran into me.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
This reminds me of the little boy in Parenthood who enjoyed walking around with a bucket on his head and sticking his head in between the slats on lawn chairs. I used to enjoy lying upside down on the couch until all the blood rushed into my head, then sitting up quickly. Performing this feat on our old couch that had solid wood arms with sharp corners was extra exciting.

Popular Posts