Starting

Today as I was walking home from the bus stop, I felt happy. I was walking down a quiet residential street, and the sun was shining and the light had that golden clear slanty fall look to it, and it was pleasantly warm but the air felt fresh and alive. I had gotten a lot done at work, and I was looking forward to ordering pizza from our kind-of-awesome local pizza cart.* I was planning to make these for dessert. It was a lovely moment. I'm feeling so relieved now that Cook has heroically pinned down a Real Job, and it makes me much more open to moments of ordinary happiness.

Then everything unfolded as planned, and the evening continued to be delightful. Dutch is taking swim lessons 6:30 to 7 every night, and staggers in the door chlorine-y and exhausted, and it's kind of adorable.

*They give DISCOUNTS to people who don't drive to the cart. Tell me that's not awesome.Yeah, I didn't think you could.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Beautiful! I had a similar moment this morning and it was pretty sweet. I was stressed out and cranky and then it all just fell away to reveal utter contentment underneath. I must peek under the rock more often.

A pizza cart sounds fabulous. I think we have a cupcake truck, but no pizza cart as of yet.

Popular Posts