updates are piling up!

I just quit my job. That is to say that I gave a month's notice, which I think is very generous of me, since I would like to just not go to work any more, starting tomorrow. I have no job prospects, but I'm just burned out on going to a job I don't really like that barely pays for the childcare required. I'm going to have to make a big effort to keep up my connections and apply for lots of jobs, but it feels like the right decision. Scary, but still right.

I guess that's really my only update. I only have 4.5 more hours of being uninsured, too!

Comments

s* said…
Wow! You're the second person I've heard from today who said she'd quit her job. And Tim just quit his to start this new one on Monday. Chinese astrologers say it's the metal tiger year qi. I say: totally.
Also, in job-related news, my dad/we have a family friend in Portland who is a Portland city planner and just finished the bike plan for the city. I believe I've spoken of her before to you. I think she should hire you. We should talk.
s* said…
Also, congratulations! And I hope the perfect job lands in your lap within the week.

Popular Posts