updates

1) We have a new rug. It's quite large. I had a heck of a time schlepping it home from Ikea* on public transit with both girls in tow. (This after both girls threw HUMONGOUS tantrums at the store, leaving me standing there staring at them in one of those is-this-seriously-my-life?-SERIOUSLY? moments with which parenthood frequently gifts me.) We haven't seen our neighbors yet, but if they complain again about the noise, I will present them with the bill for the rugs and the rug pad (which was much more expensive, actually).

2) I'm on the hunt for a flower girl dress. It's taking over my life. Where does one find simple, pretty, machine-washable, good-for-more-than-one-wearing, non-polyester, solid-colored dresses for tall 5-year-olds these days, anyway? That's why I'm up this late, actually.

3) Still no job.

4) Today (while hunting for flower girl dresses) I bought these for Dutch. She's been yearning for them for half a year, and she loves them very, very, very, very much. Now she has to learn (quickly) to tie her own shoes, since they actually have laces. I am also waiting for the school to ban these things, because holy cow are they distracting. (If you aren't familiar with this particular fashion hurricane that has mowed down the nation's 5-7-year-old girls, just close your eyes and imagine a disco in the form of an ugly shoe, and that's pretty close. ) If you happen to remember that I used to swear up and down that no child of mine would EVER wear flashing shoes, because the batteries have MERCURY in them and who the hell would ever buy their kids something so stupid anyway, I would be grateful if you would be nice about it.**

I'm going to bed. Let me know if you have any leads on a pretty frock. It has to look good with gaudy sneakers.



*Where else are you going to find an enormous all-cotton rug with no latex backing for $40? Underpaid labor and environmental depredation sure saved us a lot of money.
**The list of things I said I'd never do that I have subsequently done is very, very long.

Comments

Aimee said…
I can relate to falling apart in Ikea. I did it about a week ago.

Popular Posts