Damnit!

I like Halloween. I'm not a die-hard fan* but there's a lot about it that I like. We're really looking forward to our first-ever Halloween in our own house, and our first chance to actually receive trick-or-treaters. However, now I cannot in good conscience buy a giant bag of chocolate bars. Drat.


*The principal at Dutch's school, who is now in her second year, banned Halloween costumes or other celebration from the school last year. This created a huge ruckus that left me cold - I can't find it in me to care whether or not Dutch gets to wear a costume to school, and I think it's not unreasonable to ban something that will inevitably make some kids feel left out. This year, the parents have organized (with the principal's permission) a parade and costume contest to take place at the school, directly after school gets out. Whatever. 

Comments

JT said…
I'm sad I clicked on that link. I am NOT giving out pencils and raisins. I've been told to expect 60+ TOT'ers. What am I going to do? Argh!

Popular Posts