Science, AGAIN.

We found a TV show that will brainwash Dutch into thinking that science is cool. (Plus, the girls in the show, or at least in the first episode, are completely adorable, for middle-schoolers.) After watching the episode, Dutch started telling me that she would like to do for work ... well, when I got through all the words, it kind of sounded like she's planning to be an ethnobotanist.

A friend of mine in college told me that when she was a kid, her class was asked to draw a picture of themselves in the future, doing whatever they want to do when they grow up. She drew herself as a hippopotamus. The teacher inquired why, exactly, she had drawn a hippo, and she said "My mom says I can be whatever I want to be."

So, yeah, Dutch. Ethnobotany. Bring it on!


Comments

JT said…
Love this. I'd like to be a hippo still.

Popular Posts