Shameless

Why indeed you CAN contribute money to Dutch's school to pay a music teacher!* If you wish to,you can do it through the Portland Public Schools foundation website at https://www.thinkschools.org/index.php?page=ways-to-give . Make sure you designate Atkinson Elementary as the specific PPS school to receive your gift, either in the web form or on your check.

However, you can also save your money for the nine million fundraising campaigns my kids will probably put you through over the years. (And all you other parents of school-aged kids? I'll totally sponsor your kids in their run/jump/whatever pledge fundraisers. Hit me up.) Or you can save your money so you can watch Dutch perform in many important theatrical equine productions when she grows up, because her latest career plan is to be "an actor and also a person who helps take care of horses."

*Well, probably a small fraction of a music teacher. One who's freshly minted and at the bottom of the payscale. 

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
I appreciate the way you both encourage and discourage us from contributing. I am now thoroughly flummoxed and must take some time to consider my options.

Popular Posts