Threat level orange

After Spruce and O. Blond left yesterday,  Dutch and Skipper hung out in the backyard, drawing pictures. When I came out to hang laundry, I saw Skipper looking thoughtfully up at the sky. "What are you looking at?" I asked, and Dutch said, without looking up, "Evidence." 

"Evidence of what?" I asked, and she said "Of what we're writing notes about." And then she handed me a note, and ran inside to give notes to Cook and Antarctic Uncle. This is my copy:



































As usual,* while Dutch was flirting with a scary idea to give herself a thrill, she succeeded in deeply scaring Skipper, who spent a long time interrogating me about how likely the house would be to explode if somebody dropped a bomb on it.


*Skipper still believes that she has a lost sister who was stolen out of the bathroom before she was born.

Comments

Popular Posts