I am humbled.

Dutch has reached the point where she can easily outmaneuver me. Today I took her to the fancy shoe store where they were having a big sale. I intended to buy her high-quality, practical, comfortable shoes that looked more or less like this:



















But I ended up walking out 45 minutes later, exhausted and baffled, with much more expensive and much less practical shoes that look similar to this:



















I said "Why do you like these?" and she looked me over condescendingly, clearly understanding that I will never ever ever ever have ANY fashion sense, and said "because they're the prettiest."

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is so funny. It reminds me of the constant fashion battles I have with my mom. I've pretty much gotten her to see my side though. Pretty soon you'll be wearing the glitter shoes too!!!
tiffky doofky said…
Uh-oh, I obviously fail the fashion test, because I was thinking how oddly appealing the pink sandals were. Darn it! No Project Runway for me...

Popular Posts