Occupied

Yesterday one of the neighbor kids (the puckish one) interrogated Cook.

Puck: What do you DO?
Cook: Um...
Puck: Do you climb trees?
Cook: No.
Puck: Do you climb humongous trees?
Cook: No.
Puck: Do you help people?
Cook: Um... I try to help people.
Puck: But where do you work?
Cook: I work in an office.
Puck: Oh.
Cook: What are you going to do when you grow up?
Puck: I'm going to climb trees!

Then he ran off. I have no idea how Dutch would question somebody in search of the same information, but I am sure it would be informed by what Cook and I have told her we do (hmmm... work in an office?). Puck's mother works as a dental assistant (helping people) and his father works as an arborist (climbing truly humongous trees) . Ergo, all adults must do this.

Comments

Aimee said…
Excellent. The revelation of Puck's father working as an arborist is a great example of why I look at your blog every day, and get a little crestfallen when you haven't written anything new.

Popular Posts