Twins

So you know those moms and daughters who go out dressed in identical outfits? I always pitied those kids for their crazed manipulative moms. But now I know that those poor moms were dragged to the store by their demented identity-building preschoolers. Dutch freaked out this morning because I took off my sweatshirt and revealed that I was wearing a SHORT-sleeved shirt rather than a long-sleeved shirt, apparently breaking the unwritten covenant of Thou Shalt Not Wear Clothes That Are Too Different From My Clothes. She wailed "I wanted us to be TWIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNSSSS!!!!!"

This evening when she put on her pyjamas, she anxiously consulted with me on which pyjamas I was planning on wearing, so she could wear pyjamas as close in shape and style as possible. When I was actually getting ready for bed, I almost made the mistake of putting on different pyjamas. I caught myself in time to forestall the inevitable morning tantrum consequence.

Comments

Popular Posts