It's all very nice.

Last week was pretty hectic, as I tried to wrap up everything at my old job while convincing everybody at my new internship that I am a Very Valuable Member of the Staff. Friday was my last day at my old job, and I also went to the dentist (wringing the value out of the dental benefits I just got at my old job). At the appointment, I was told by the dental assistant that I have "very nice energy," and then was told by the dentist that my teeth are "very nice" and my oral hygiene is excellent. I left in a rosy haze of optimism.

This weekend, Dutch was sick, but weirdly jaunty with it, in spite of feverish nights and snotty coughy days. The weather has been perfectly gorgeous, and we've spent lots of time walking and playing outside. We've also been diligently working our way through the library's Summer Reading requirements, in order to win Valuable Prizes. Cook has been checking out old-fashioned classic books like "One Morning in Maine" and "Madeline," which means that, what with the movies Dutch has been watching lately, she's pretty much living in a pre-1970s media world. That world seems so very very different from today that it's hard to imagine how different the world will be 50 years from now. Presumably somebody watching "Wall-E" in 2078 will be as weirded out as I am weirded out by watching Dumbo now.

Comments

Popular Posts