Ceremonies

Last night, Dutch's preschool class held their "graduation." (Dutch's last day is Tuesday, and she will be going into another preschool classroom in the fall, along with Best Friend and few other kids from her current class.) The kids paraded across the playground and walked across the "stage" one by one to be greeted by their teacher, who said, "Kid X! Congratulations! You're graduating and going to kindergarten/other preschool classroom next year! Great job!" and then gave each of them a plastic medal that said "Winner" on it, and a diploma.

I left the celebration right after the ceremony, and went off to do the "client presentation" for my BSP. I'm officially done with it! Yesterday, Skipper took the unprecedented step of sleeping in her crib for TWO HOURS, so I went through all my BSP papers and recycled piles of them,* which was tremendously satisfying.

Today Skipper and I will be attending the "hooding" ceremony for my classmates, almost all of whom are collecting their masters degrees.** I've still got 17 credits left before I graduate, so I'll be in the audience clapping (or standing in the doorway, bouncing Skipper and clapping). I don't know what that ceremony will be like, but I really hope it involves "Winner" medals.

I registered this week for classes for next fall, and planned out my final 18 credits (I have to take 18 in order to keep the kids at the low-low student rate at the daycare). I've knocked out all of the required courses, and have only fun electives left, so I get to take "Pedestrian and Bicycle Planning" and "Pedestrian and Bicycle Planning Lab" - I think I'll really enjoy my remaining credits.


*I also did all the dishes, tidied up some of the worst clutter, made and ate lunch, practiced my presentation, sorted through all our medical paperwork, folded laundry, and worked on my resume and cover letters. I almost got around to the huge heap of ironing, but Skipper was kind enough to wake up before I got that desperate.

** And entering the job market, poor souls.

Comments

Popular Posts