Okay, NOW it's fall.

Here's how you know:
1) It's raining! At last.
2) Today I get to wear, for the first time, my incredibly awesome new boots.*  They're like tall, clunky rainboots, which I needed, but made of leather, so they're comfortable and don't make my feet sweaty.** (I did feel like a Nazi character from an Indiana Jones movie when I first tried them on, but the faint desire to slap a riding crop on my leg has since faded away.)
3) Sweaters! I missed them.
4) School has resurfaced Dutch's hatred of being seen to do things wrong. The paperwork she brings home is more challenging than last year's papers, and includes marking of errors, and if we try to talk about it with her, she bursts into tears and says "It's all my teacher's fault! She isn't teaching us right!" Sigh.
5) Halloween trappings are on sale everywhere.

In unrelated news, Dutch has announced her career plans. She's going to move to Hollywood and work "on movies somehow."


*And, to make it all even awesomer, I got them at a very steep discount, thanks to a reward coupon I got for volunteering. Volunteering is good for more than just karma, apparently!
** Did you think I meant sexy boots with heels? Oh no. I walk and bike everywhere, you guys. Plus I have weak ankles and fat calves, and no fashion sense.

Comments

JT said…
I want to see the boots. I am curious.

Popular Posts