Objects I Like Right Now

1. My leopard-print pajama pants with the hot pink lace trim. I may never have loved a piece of clothing so much. They're soft and stretchy and super-comfy, and were given to me (in a stroke of genius, as I would never have gotten them for myself) by a beloved friend. (Whom I really should call!)

2. Peanut Butter Bumpers in a bowl of really cold milk. Basically, peanut butter Captain Crunch pretending to be healthy. Which is fantastic! They're crunchy and sweet and salty all at once! And then they get soggy... mmm....

3. My new office chair at work! My boss rescued it from the discard pile at a company a few blocks from our office, and it's a wonderful upgrade. It has no packing tape included in the upholstery, for one thing, and I can adjust it to sit so high that my feet dangle above the ground. I LOVE that!

4. Dutch's pink short shorts, a gift from Mrs. Big Cook. Her naked little legs (usually banged up due to playground mishaps) sticking out of the shorts just crack me up, somehow.

5. Cook's favorite t-shirt, which makes him look awfully hunky. (In a slightly nerdy skinny-guy kind of way, that is - I know he reads this, and I don't want him to get a fat head.)

6. My new swim skort, which suddenly makes me remember what it used to be like to go to the beach and actually enjoy it. I'm looking forward to running in and out of the water and squatting in the sand and making sandcastles on our upcoming beach adventure. Not scrambling to wrap myself in something as soon as I emerge from the water. My excitement is contagious - Dutch can't stop talking about all the fun we're going to have at the beach. She has no real concept of time, though, so she seems to think we're going any second now.

That's my top 6. I do love Things, though I know I shouldn't. I'll come up with another list that's more meaningful and less rooted in consumerism.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Regarding #6 on your list: I really really really want to feel this way again! Where can I find this magical item?

Popular Posts