Babies

A friend of mine became a father this week. I got pictures of the kid (let's call him Tiger) and they thrilled me. The new daddy has been a staunch and beloved friend of mine since we were kids ourselves, and I'm very happy for him (and Tiger's mother, who is a lovely and astoundingly competent person - somebody who I expect will be entirely undaunted by the upside-down-inside-outy-ness of having a new baby on hand). But mostly I'm just thrilled to see Tiger himself, brand new (and sometimes yelling). Babies are so spooky and exciting - here he is! He's here! We know NOTHING about him! (Except that being bathed apparently pisses him off. ) He's all in there, and his personality will slowly be revealed and developed over the next two decades or more, and we get to see it unfold! We are so lucky to have him in the world!

Anyway, Tiger, congratulations, and welcome! I look forward to meeting you someday, and I hope and wish all the best for you.

Comments

Popular Posts