First Day

Tomorrow Dutch starts at a new daycare. The university daycare, at which we've wanted her all along (it has an excellent reputation, is overflowing with eager student teachers, and is supercheap for students). The catch is that she's going to be part-time - mornings only. We can manage it for now, and hopefully we can patch together some kind of aftercare. We accepted the opening partly because part-timers get first whack at full-time openings, so it puts us at the top of the waitlist, and gives us a chance of getting her into a full-time slot sometime before fall 2009, which is when we were expecting to get in. At any rate, tomorrow's her first day. She doesn't seem to really have grasped that she's left the old place forever, though I did make her say goodbye to teachers and friends. Cook and I haven't really grasped it ourselves - they called to offer the spot on Friday, and we made the decision Monday. I'm not sure what to expect with the transition. The teachers seem really nice, and the place is lovely, and I expect that they will handle her better than the other teachers, so it could go smoothly. Or not...

In other news, Dutch and I attended a Halloween party at the last day of her old daycare. She is currently sitting in the livingroom with our three pumpkins, eating her loot from the party. Lots of firsts - first M&Ms, first Milky Way, first Hershey Bar, first Milk Duds, first Halloween binge. I stole one minicandy when she wasn't looking (and slipped it into my own bag to eat tomorrow!), but she scored those 4 minicandies, a little box of raisins, a little bag of animal crackers, and an apple. I agreed that she could eat all of it, as long as she shared with me. My first vicarious Halloween.

Comments

Popular Posts