Musical happenings

Today two exciting musical things happened.

We bought (for an exorbitant price) two CDs from Dutch's daycare. These CDs feature the musical stylings of Teacher Alicia and Teacher Michael, who sing and play music with the kids at least a few times a week. Dutch can be heard on several of the tracks, and she looooooves the CDs, especially a demented version of Old MacDonald sung by one of her classmates who sounds like a 90-year-old (and tone deaf) woman. Cook's eyes rolled back in his head when we listened to that track, and we've only heard it once. I can't imagine how it'll sound after the nine billionth time Dutch makes us play it. However, I am pleased because one of the tracks is a song that I last heard sung by my kindergarten teacher on whom I had a terrible crush. She is forever preserved in my memory as a dream of beauty and kindness, accessoried with bell-bottoms and a guitar. We used to fight over who would get to sit close to her when she sang.

And then tonight we were listening to NPR, and one of the little musical snippets between segments was from Rockstar Uncle's band! I'm not entirely sure what he would think of this event. On the one hand, yay! National exposure! On the other hand, hmm... exposure to people who listen to Marketplace... perhaps not the desired audience?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I remember her. She's the one who sang the cool version of "The Cat Came Back".

What was her name?

Dad

Popular Posts