My next graduate degree! (Beware - also poop-related)

Apparently there's a fecal theme for this week. I picked up Dutch from daycare today, and discovered that she had had a "BMA" which turns out to be a Bowel Movement Accident, daycare providers being too fastidious to say the kid pooped her pants. I'm not a fan of cleaning up BMAs (and I have been known to throw away underwear, but Cook made me feel guilty, so I can't do that anymore), but I'd like to think that I'm able to calmly take it in stride as a part of the parenting package. And I haven't had to do any poop cleaning for six months (except off the floor). So I took the stinky plastic bag full of BMA-covered clothing home on the bus (this made us very popular) ... and then I opened it. And it was revolting. I grumbled and groaned about it while swishing the undies in the toilet, and apparently I made Dutch feel bad. She said firmly "Mama, everybody has accidents sometimes." I said "Yes, that's true. Thanks for reminding me." She said "Mama, maybe if you go to school for a while, you will learn that. My teachers went to school for a long time so they could learn that everyone has accidents."

And then she said suddenly "I have to poop!" and I said "hold on!" and hastily finished up my undies-swishing. But I was too late. So I had to clean up another pair of underwear.

I will start looking for MBMA programs right away.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Perhaps a joint BS/MBMA/PoophD?
Anonymous said…
So funny! My friend's daughter had a BMA and my friend was rinsing her undies in the toilet- and accidentally flushed them- and her daughter became hysterically distraught. Actually, her daughter is just about Dutch's age...

Popular Posts