Friday, May 9, 2008

Hopes and dreams

Dutch begged today to be taken to "that place that had the advertising? that we saw? this morning? where you lose all your money?" by which I finally deduced that she meant a casino. After some discussion, and tears, it was determined that Dutch, on her 18th birthday, will go alone to a casino to lose all her money. (Not her "floppy" money, though, just the "hard" money. ) I am not allowed to go with her.

Anyway, we're all sick. It's been an un-fun couple of days around here. Dutch got over it pretty quickly, with just a bellyache, and I'm feeling better than I did yesterday (though I've yet to eat anything other than bread), but poor Cook is completely down for the count.

No comments:

months go by

We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...