Girls Who Wear Glasses

I have a five-year-old. I have an amblyopic five-year-old. I have an amblyopic five-year-old princess who LOVED her birthday presents (thank you, all of you!) and is wildly excited to play her new games, read her new books, wear her new clothes, and dress up her new Shirley Temple paper dolls (courtesy of our housemates, who have had to watch all that tap-dancing). The kid loves Shirley Temple.* The kid does NOT love the prospect of getting glasses.** I cannot find any evidence that Shirley Temple wore glasses, but I'm looking for evidence to prove that people CAN be fancy and wear glasses at the same time. I welcome any suggestions for getting over this hurdle.

* The irrepressibly jaunty little-girl Shirley Temple, not the scary Republican old lady Shirley Temple
**Because she actually only needs a corrective lens on one eye, Cook thinks we should get her a monocle.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Hmmm...I googled "princesses with glasses" and found about a dozen mom-bloggers discussing this very question. At least you are not alone. Apparently one mom has written a book called Princess Peepers to address this issue. The best celebrity-with-glasses I could find was Johnny Depp, but I don't suppose Dutch is quite ready to be bowled over by the majesty of that particular man. Is she impressed by purple glasses or glasses with sequins on them?

Popular Posts