Family is down!

Send help! No, actually, don't. We're fine. But we've all got some kind of nasty cold/fever virus, and what with Skipper's DTAP vaccination today, Cook's gum surgery yesterday, and a generalized sleep deficit, we're all pretty under the weather.*

After her appointment today, I can tell you officially that Skipper hates doctors. (She's been to a dentist, optometrist, and pediatrician in the last month, and all of the visits have gone quite poorly.** I can also officially tell you that she's officially smaller than average. She weighs half a pound more at 24 months than Dutch did at 18 months. She's healthy and thriving, though, and only screamed for seven-eighths of the appointment, which I considered a tremendous success. All afternoon she was going up to strangers and saying, apropos of nothing, "Me went doctor! Me got SHOT!!!"


*Though I feel pretty under the weather ALL THE TIME, what with the weather being evil. EVIL! Today I left the house at 8:20 AM, with Skipper in the Ergo. I schlepped the kids to school (.6 miles), dropped Dutch off and proceeded with Skipper to the doctor's office (2 minutes walking, 5 minutes on bus, 3 minutes walking). After her appointment, we took one bus, waited 20 minutes for the next, took that bus, went to the library, walked (.4 miles) to the grocery store, shopped, and then walked (.8 miles) home. We got home at 12:30. I walked only maybe two miles total, but I had Skipper lashed to me (plus groceries and library books) and it rained THE WHOLE &#*@_%^* TIME!!!!!!! I felt pretty sorry for myself. I (like many other Portlanders) am beginning to feel pretty wild-eyed and desperate about the endless rain.

**Behaviorally, not medically, I mean. Medically, we're good, though the eye doctor and the dentist both opined that it looks like she's going the same direction as her sister, so we will be buying braces and glasses for BOTH girls.

Comments

Popular Posts