Apparently I've been saying "Skipper! Jesus God Almighty!" pretty frequently, because Dutch has now picked it up. Also the parental classic "Skipper! I have HAD ENOUGH!!!!"*
Anyway, I've had enough. If you'd like to take care of an incredibly two-ish two-year-old for a few weeks, let me know. We have a lot of boxes around here.
In other news, it's raining (still! again!!!) and Cook had gum graft surgery today.** He's limited to squishy foods for a few days, and his mouth hurts, but the surgery outcome that's bothering him most is that he has a bandaid stuck to the roof of his mouth, and it's driving him crazy. Just thinking of having a bandaid stuck to the roof of my mouth makes me feel uncomfortable, so I'm sympathetic. Also, he's not allowed to get his heart-rate up for a few days. No listening to the news!
*Has this ever in the history of parenting actually been effective in making the child stop being horrible? I mean, without walloping the kid while yelling at them.
**Bless you, health benefits. Bless you!!!
2 comments:
1928 School House Lane. We'll take her. Though I can't imagine she'll be glad to see people she's never met. Ibwish you the patience of Job.
I am hearing this same kind of story from other parents of 2-year-olds. There has to be a bucolic farm somewhere where you can send your 2-year-old to range free, organically, until they have aged to a palatable state. They'd arrive home, packed safely in a biodegradable egg carton, as soon as they were fit for social consumption.
Post a Comment