Nothing new.

We're still slogging along with the same old, same old. I just felt that I should post something to reassure anybody who might be lying awake at night worrying that something terrible has happened to us. Here for your enjoyment: miscellany.

Spring is reluctantly easing here, with occasional lovely days and a whole lot of rain. Tonight is balmy and beautiful; Cook went to a meeting of map dorks, after which he glided and swooped home on his bike in the dark, and came home exhilarated.*

My job is in transition, possibly to a different setup at a different organization, and possibly to no job at all. I'll find out in May. (This makes it a little challenging to plan summer childcare.)

I got new tires on my bike. Cook bought them for me, and he went into the shop and said "My wife needs tires. She doesn't like to fall down, she doesn't like to go fast, and she hates getting flats. What should I get her?" So now I have these fabulous fat tires on my bike.

Dutch has been watching some women's basketball, including a game featuring a player who is 6'8". I don't think Dutch will reach those lofty heights, but you never know. I've never met a taller 7-year-old.

Skipper** is eagerly anticipating her upcoming third birthday, which she has already decided will feature cheese pizza and chocolate cupcakes. Otherwise, she continues to be rashy and reckless, with a charming love of wordplay*** and an off-putting love of whining and shrieking.

And that's about it. Further bulletins as events warrant.


*In equal parts from the ride and the map dorkery.
** aka "The One Who Isn't Tall"
*** We credit/blame the Grandparents Cook for this.

Comments

s* said…
i love bulletins!

i love everything you say! especially the parts about you, cook, dutch & skipper.
tiffky doofky said…
I second s*! Your miscellany is more singular than most people's singularities.

Popular Posts