Lately Skipper has been putting herself to sleep pretty often. Today she kicked me out of the room after her pre-nap book, and I heard her yakking away to herself for a few minutes, pretty loudly. She sings to herself, loudly, extensively deploying what a friend of mine calls (in describing her own peculiar child's singing) a "strange toddler vibrato." Anyway, when she stops making noise, she almost immediately falls asleep. I went in to check on her about 90 seconds after the last note faded away, and this is what I found.

And these are two pictures from this evening. This is Dutch, reacting to my explanation that the amount of  money we are going to start regularly putting away for her college education is enough to pay for 1% of her expected costs to attend community college while living at home
This is Skipper, playing with the all-time favorite toy in this household.

Comments

Popular Posts