Sunday

Today was the sunniest, warmest day of the year so far. It took us a little while to get moving.

Blueberries we planted last year, posing with strawberries.

The azalea I'm very carefully "unshearing" on a multi-year schedule.


One of this year's blueberries, with tulips and roses we haven't yet killed.

The grapevine is budding out! Maybe we'll get some ripe grapes this year.


The salmonberry plant we put in last year. I have since learned that salmonberries will take over your entire yard given half a chance, so I probably shouldn't have put it in. But it's gorgeous, and tenacity isn't necessarily a bad thing in a plant under my care. 


Dutch actually sold five of her unique pipe cleaner bracelets (she raised the price to 25 cents for "normal" bracelets and 26 for "crazy" bracelets). She paid Skipper to do all the hawking, so Skipper stood in the driveway screaming "BRACELETS FOR SALE!" at the bleary-eyed young folks staggering along our street toward the uber-hip coffee shop on the corner. We don't need to worry about a college fund for either of them!
Dutch squeezed our two lemons and the girls had lemonade in the driveway in the evening, after their showers.  They took it pretty seriously.




Comments

tiffky doofky said…
I love these photos. I love your slow-moving morning, I love (and covet) your azalea bush, I love the bracelets (both crazy and non), I love the entrepreneurial spirit, and I especially love the freshly-washed, freshly-squeezed lemonade hour.
JT said…
Your plants look great! Love the girls having lemonade. Very sweet.
s* said…
i. love. this.

Popular Posts