It's probably good to know what silicosis is.

We have long had trouble getting Dutch to sleep. Once you get her to stop talking, she passes out, but that's easier said than done - if she's not allowed to talk to other people, she talks to herself. We have a new trick now, and it's working beautifully. We put on a CD in her room, and she lies quietly and listens to it, and usually falls asleep by the third or fourth track.

What is this magical music, you wonder? It's perfect. It's slow and soporific, but also dramatic. The fun bonus is that Dutch (while awake) occasionally bursts out with dramatic snippets of song: "and I feel like I'm DYING from MINING for GOLD!" or "Misguided angel, love you till I'm DEAD!!"

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
As soon as I saw "silicosis", I thought "Cowboy Junkies". Take that, Pavlov!
r wright said…
Chris falls asleep to NPR at night. Go figure!! All that doom and gloom in the world, and it helps her fall asleep!! To each their own...the Beatles work for me.

Popular Posts