Do you have confidence in your medical provider? I'm concerned about mine.

It' s raining (a LOT - not the usual Portland drizzle, but a steady, heavy all-day kind of rain), and Skipper is sick with a fever and a corresponding case of The Crankies. Dutch is throwing tantrums. I have a two papers and one final due this week, and also two job applications to complete today.

So I am blogging!

The scene: Yesterday. Dutch has wheedled me into playing with her. (Cook and Skipper are asleep.)

Me: Hello, doctor.
DrDutch: Hello. How can I help you today?
M: Um... My elbow hurts, and the top of my head.
DrD: Oh. Let me listen to your heart.
M: Okay.
DrD: Hm. Well, I'm sorry to tell you this... I'm worried about you. I can't hear your heart.
M: Oh, no!
DrD: Yes, well, I will have to give you some medicine. Now, do you want some ointment, or do you want a bandage?
M: Ointment, please.
DrD: Are you sure? You have to put the ointment on five times a day. You could get a shot instead. It doesn't hurt at all.
M: Okay. Give me a shot.
(pause)
DrD: By the way, I don't know how to read.

Comments

Dad said…
your best blogs are when you shouldn't.

Popular Posts