Hoods

I had my hooding ceremony yesterday.*



















Dutch attended, dressed as a cat. (I'm holding her tail in this picture.) Also, Cook was there, and my lovely aunt, uncle, cousin, and fetal first cousin once removed (or whatever), all of whom trekked in from various remote Oregon locations for the occasion. Skipper stayed at daycare, because we were pretty sure that she and the ceremony would both be better off without eachother.

Anyway, I'm officially done. I'm pretty happy about that, but also feeling a little adrift, and a lot tired. Last night, I went to bed at 9. Today, I have no homework.

Here's a conversation I had with Dutch last night.

Me: Honey, could you please stop talking for three minutes? I have a really bad headache, and I need a break.
Dutch: You have a really bad headache?
M: Yes.
D: It's really bad?
M: Yes.
(Pause while Dutch thinks this over and I suffer.)
D: How do you KNOW it's a really bad headache?
M: I can't believe you just asked me that. Now I have to beat you to death with a hammer and bury you in the back yard.**

I think the world of science is just waiting for this kid to grow up - relentless, skeptical, curious, RELENTLESS.

*Thankfully, only a few people actually got hooded (you have to get a PhD for that sort of individual service), so we were able to move through the ceremony fairly briskly.
**I didn't really say that. Not exactly.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Fantastic picture! Congratulations again. Enjoy the sleep.
s* said…
Everything that tiffky doofky said. Congratulations indeed! And sleeping? Yes! And you're radiant as always.
P.S. Do you guys want to move to Madison yet? Their unemployment rate is way low.
az said…
Okay, I have to ask, was there a cat theme at the graduation? Did Cook also go as a cat?

Congrats!

Popular Posts