I'm so proud of both of us.

1. Today Dutch spontaneously (and correctly) used the word "residue" in conversation.
2. Yesterday I cut Dutch's hair, and I did a reasonably decent job. Her hair, like mine, is fine but gnarly, and it turns into a ball of tangled fluff about 12 seconds after brushing. She won't let me do anything to restrain it (a few days of ponytails aside), and rarely lets me brush it. I told her we'd have to cut it if she wouldn't let me tame it, and she enthusiastically embraced the idea - "I want short hair like R and Q and J!!!" she said, bouncing with excitement. R and Q and J are boys in her daycare, all of whom have hair less than an inch long. I'm not ready to go quite that butch, personally, but something clearly has to be done. I started with the back. We'll see where that leads us. Cook is resisting the idea of an all-over short cut, but I'm not sure if he's clinging to gender rules or if he's just afraid that my barbering may render her completely ridiculous.

Comments

Popular Posts