All a Blur


About a week ago, one of my contact lenses disintegrated, and I can't get an eye exam appointment until early January. So I've been wearing my glasses all the time, which always has the effect of making me feel kind of sleepy and detached from reality (probably because the prescription is totally inadequate for my near-blindness). Putting my contacts in has always been part of waking up and getting ready for the day, so when I haven't got the option, I feel like I'm always wearing my pyjamas and haven't brushed my teeth. Also, I'm sick, so I've been generally pretty out of it. This is probably affecting my experience of the holiday. But it has been a good one.

First we cooked.

Then we cleaned.

Then we put on our Fancy Clothes and went to the Nutcracker, where Dutch asked many very loud questions about the plot and the characters' motivations, which I could not answer.


Then we had Christmas Eve dinner guests.

Then we opened presents.
Then we practiced Taekwando.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts