Updates, which you have been awaiting with bated breath

1) Dutch's collarbone is healing nicely. She seems to be bothered by it only if she bangs it or tries to lift her arm much above the shoulder.
2) The camera is fixed.
3) The new booster seat has arrived. Dutch thinks the box is The Funnest Thing Ever.
4) I finally wrote some holiday cards. I may get them done by Valentine's Day.
5) Today Cook and I met with the head teacher in Dutch's new daycare class, at our request. We wanted to make sure they weren't having the same problems with her that the last daycare had. The teacher wrote us a little report, from which I quote: "Dutch has such a warm and inviting personality that we love to see in the classroom. She seems to enjoy being at school and being with her friends and teachers. Dutch is always excited to try new things and to visit new places in the school and community." Cook and I were kind of shocked. We got so used to hearing negative things about Dutch. I actually was at first worried that she was confusing Dutch with some other kid, but then she said some things that revealed that she actually does know our kid ("Dutch sometimes has trouble asking other kids to play with her, and asks the teachers to ask for her") , and then I was just deeply relieved. My daughter is not a problem for the teachers! They like her! They really like her!
6) Dutch has been practicing Broken-Collarbone-Tae-Kwon-Do, complete with shouting.
7) Four more workdays until my vacation.

Comments

Popular Posts