Delirium

I have finished the two assignments due this week, and now I have to start thinking (after I get out of class at 9 tonight) about the quiz tomorrow for which I have not studied. Not only have I not studied, I have not done the relevant readings.

However, I'm feeling weirdly chipper. Light-hearted. Maybe it's just severe sleep-deprivation. (Portland's pedestrians should be grateful that I have no car tonight.) Somehow, even though things are totally bonkers, I feel... cheerful. Not exactly optimistic, since I see no prospect of my life calming down any time soon (and hello, I'm contemplating adding two MORE credits next quarter!). Not empowered, since I'm behind the ball on both work and school. Not content, since my family life is just as chaotic as my professional and academic lives. Just... cheerful. Okay with everything.

Somehow, I'm even looking forward to tomorrow morning, and the usual morning looniness involving two sluggish parents, one kid who hates leaving home, and a bus that leaves at 8 AM. And I'm looking forward to getting to work and tackling (or not) some things I've been procrastinating. And I'm looking forward to tomorrow afternoon's class, including the quiz. There's going to be a guest lecturer to talk about doing an economic analysis of a community!

One day at a time, I guess. And no operating heavy machinery.

Comments

Popular Posts