Underhanded sneak

Dutch is thrilled with her Valentine loot. She received Candyland from the Big Cooks, and now Cook and I have each played with her once. We're already developing different strategies, based on our personalities. Cook lets Dutch win, as quickly as possible, because the game bores him to tears. I, on the other hand, am too competitive to manipulate the game so I can lose faster. I don't mind losing, but I don't like losing on purpose.


But the kind of losing I REALLY don't like is losing due to chicanery, even the preschool version, and... Dutch CHEATS!!!! This is the first competitive game she's gotten to play which she understands well enough to cheat. I came back from a brief break to find her blithely shifting her pieces* substantially farther down the track. She understands what she's doing, and she is entirely unfazed by getting caught. (Luckily, she also sometimes gets confused about direction, and moves backward, which probably balances out the cheating.)

*I say pieces rather than piece because she likes to play with two pieces at once, "because they're friends". I though that was kind of adorable... for a CHEATER!

Comments

Popular Posts