Sunday, February 24, 2008

What did you say?

Dutch has an incredibly annoying habit that is making both me and Cook feel like tearing our hair out. After someone speaks to her, there's about a 50% chance that she'll say "What did you say?" - which can mean one of many things:
1) I didn't hear you.
2) I wish I hadn't heard you, because your question/request/statement does not interest or please me.
3) I don't understand.
4) I'm not done with whatever I was doing/thinking/saying before you so rudely interrupted/distracted me.
5) My brain is off in DutchLand, and I cannot be bothered with your petty earthling concerns.
6) I'm curious about what will happen if I say "What did you say?" eight thousand times in a single weekend. If your brain explodes, can I go live with somebody more fun?

No comments:

months go by

We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...