Still annoyed

I wish to clarify after my last post that I am not pleased about what I see as misogynist media coverage about Sarah Palin, but I do NOT approve of Sarah Palin as a vice-presidential candidate. I thought there was quite a bit of misogynist media coverage of Hillary Clinton, too, but you won't see me voting for John McCain in some sort of insanely misguided effort at revenge.*

I was listening to some dopey show on NPR this morning, and a random English professor on their "panel" said something about the Sarah Palin pick that made me say "Yeah!" She said something to the effect that it is insulting that John McCain, apparently driven to pick a woman, picked THIS woman, rather than, say, Elizabeth Dole. He picked a woman who was unqualified, who is more or less just a puppet, rather than a woman who could actually be GOOD at the job. It's insulting to all women that John McCain thinks we'll vote for just any woman, just because she's a woman. If I didn't already hate him, I'd have to hate him for this.

* Because I hate John McCain. FYI.

Comments

Diane Feissel said…
Yes, yes, and oh my, yes.
I'm so repulsed by this whole Palin pick, I don't even know where to begin...
Sigh.

Popular Posts