Exciting report about my day.

Today Dutch woke up at 8:30, which is the latest she has ever slept in. She also slept the whole night in her own bed, which doesn't happen very often. Maybe she'll do this every night from now on, now that she'll be The Big Sister. I, of course, woke up at 6:30, unable to sleep any more, and braved the cold, dark morning to get up and bake things. By 8:15, I was pretty sure Dutch must be dead, but I figured there probably wasn't much I could do about it, and I might as well eat a muffin. Happily, she turned out to be alive, and the muffins turned out pretty well, too.

Dutch is currently all about Heidi. This morning she went off with Cook on an adventure, wearing a pseudo-Swiss outfit of a dress, white tights, brown leather shoes, and a backpack. "Daddy, when we go outside, I will scamper off to take care of the goats!" she announced as they went out the door.

Anyway, I'm just writing all this because I'm procrastinating. I have about 200 pages of land use reading to do, and I guess I should go... do that... or something.

And hey, Joel, thanks for the link! Chocolate parents... mmm.. I'll have Dutch watch that as soon as she comes down from the mountain.

Comments

Popular Posts