On the loose

I had my first really successful swim today in five weeks. This pregnancy is hitting me much harder than the first, and since I hit the 20-week point, I've been struggling with dizziness and shortness of breath whenever I exert myself beyond just ambling. I've apparently finally worked out an acceptable compromise with my body, and today I was able to swim for half an hour, at a glacial pace,* without feeling like I was going to pass out. Happily, I've reached a degree of buoyancy that keeps me afloat even when I'm barely moving,** and I surge to the surface after each breaststroke like a barrel filled with air. I'm majestic, actually, making my ponderous way across the pool. You'd be amazed. The lifeguards certainly are; they keep a very sharp eye on me.


* Actually, I do move more quickly than a glacier. I DO!
** So I'm really more like an iceberg than a glacier.

Comments

Popular Posts