Miscellany

1) One of my professors is eerily like Mr. Bean. I'm afraid of being the person who fails the class taught by Mr. Bean, which would make me really unique.*

2) I found a list of resolutions of mine from some time ago (in the last decade, I think). Not New Year Resolutions, since I don't really make those, but definitely some sort of self-improvement effort. The list includes stuff like "Buy less" and "Exercise more" and "Complain less" and so on. I have actually slipped backward on nearly all the elements over the last five years, so I've tacked it up to our nifty cork lamp, and I SWEAR I'll get right on the self-improvement program.

3) I can't seem to win any diaper covers on ebay. Help me out, please - send me your old diaper covers. (With Dutch, we scored bigtime when a friend of Cook's went to help HER friend clean up after a fire in her apartment building, and was offered a bag of elderly diaper covers by a neighbor of the friend, who had gotten them from a friend of hers. If you see what I mean. Anyway, they were free, and therefore wonderful, and Dutch enjoyed the special cachet of being the only baby around who smelled faintly of smoke for the first 9 months of her life.) We'll be cloth diapering again, with a diaper service, and we need some waterproof linings...

4) My excessively brainy cousin wrote a blog post the other day that made me feel both depressed about the world and embarassed by my own frivolous inanity. Sheesh. Anyway, when you're tired of reading my profound musings on swimming-while-pregnant, check out Joel's blog.

5) Today I described Dutch (who was demonstrating how terribly exhausted she was after being told to put away her books) as "stooped" and she whirled around, pointed at me, scowled, and said "DON'T call me STUPID!!!" And I'm pretty sure she's never even seen Kevin Kline.


* I should note that my Mr. Bean is an excellent communicator and seems like a very nice guy. It's just a little hard to take him seriously, through no fault of his own.

Comments

Popular Posts